Tuesday, August 26, 2008

There and Back Again

I sit at a keyboard and come up with almost a complete blank.
I last wrote over a month ago...and in that time, everything has happened and changed. A broken computer provided me with the excuse I needed to not write...to keep to myself and survive. Head down. Moving forward. One foot in front of the other. To be completely honest, it was probably a good thing that I stayed away from this glowing screen - inviting as it is, wanting me to pour out all my little thoughts. I think I needed space and quiet to listen...to be still, and KNOW.

What brings me back to this screen are the words of a beloved friend and mentor. Lisa told us once that blogging would be a valuable tool for keeping in touch with one another.

My friends reside in the dearest part of my heart...I would likely cease living without them - destined only to survive.

My loves, though it may seem silly, I plan to return to blogdom in a vow to you. I will not let go of the blessing that was given to us in one another, and I will do what I can to recommit to sharing life with you once again. Thank you for the embrace you have given me...He keeps me afloat through the love in which you abide, and I love you dearly.

2 comments:

Amy Gibson said...

dear miss heidi,
it's strange how much i draw on your enthusiasm when i am not feeling it. you really are a singular experience.
adoringly,
amy gibson

Anonymous said...

I cannot read your blog without crying because there are SO many words written between the lines and I am honored to stand in the gap with you while you say it all without saying anything.

Love you dearly!