It is strange how quickly an individual can adjust lifestyles. I have just concluded a 5-week adventure that had me moving every few days, living out of a suitcase, seeing new places, spending lots of money, eating new foods, meeting new people, and saying "yes" to adventure nearly every minute of the day.
I returned home to a familiar house, with familiar people...I have a closet and a dresser--and more importantly--access to FREE laundy machines! My favorite TV shows are available to entertain me at the click of a button, and they come on the screen IN ENGLISH!! And I am here, without a fuss, living life.
My existence for the past 5 weeks feels like a world away...which is truth. My adventures, friendships, new fascinations and memories of laughter all exist bound up in a little place called Europe and would be accessible only with a 10-hour plane ride, or a time machine...neither of which I have. That beautiful window of newness and fresh learning was delightful and I will always love it...
But right now, I am back in the Couve...and now I realize that there is much new learning to enjoy here as well. Yes, I grew up here and know the area extremely well. But I am going out to dinner at a new restaurant tonight with friends I haven't seen in years...there are endless amounts of things that I do not know. I can still say yes to adventure and continue learning!
"This is gonna be a good thang..."
Friday, July 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So... no more blogging for you??
Post a Comment