Sunday, July 6, 2008

What I have eaten:

I wanted to write this down before I forgot.
Here is a list of what I ate while in Castletownbere this weekend...and an insight for you all into some of the reasons why I have fallen in love with Ireland.

This blog is SOOOO me it is a little bit embarassing.

Friday Dinner:
Homemade Lasagna
Garden Salad
Garlic Bread
Irish Cream Cheesecake
Strawberry Cream Ice Cream

Friday Post-Dinner:
Smoked Salmon and Brown Bread
A Glass of Beamish (counts as food because it's so heavy)
Chips, little sausages, and chicken wings

Saturday Breakfast/Lunch (woke up a little late):
Soda Bread
Fruit
Cereal and Muesli
Tea

Saturday Snack:
Chocolate Cake
Homemade Minestrone Soup
More Soda Bread

Saturday Dinner:
FANCY CHINESE FOOD
Sweet and Sour Chicken in Batter
Numerous Liquids...

Sunday Breakfast:
Sausage
Ham
Toast
Eggs

Sunday Lunch:
Brown Rice
Chicken/Zucchini/Peppers in a Lovely Sauce
White Wine (gets on the food list because who drinks white wine with lunch?! AMAZING.)
Homemade Apple Pie with Fresh Homemade WARM Custard

When I get home, I'm buying an Irish cook book and we are going to have a GRAND time cooking HEARTY delicious food!!!!!!

Be excited.

3 comments:

maggirn said...

OK- I want to be you for a day for the food and wine with lunch- be still my heart!Your running shoes better be ready to get going! Love Mom

Anonymous said...

oh. my. goodness.
i can't even process it all. sounds delish, lucky girl.

Anonymous said...

Oh my Heidi-friend :) I love you!