Sunday, November 9, 2008

Paul

I love my little brother.
Let me tell you why.

Paul has style. He is gifted, brilliant, hilarious, and deep-hearted (though he'd like to convince you otherwise). He also happens to be the most incredible drummer of his age that I have ever seen --- and I've seen a fair number of drummers thanks to the shows I saw when Lunaractive was still alive and kicking. Tonight, I drove downtown with 3 friends to meet Brandon at the Hawthorne Theatre, where Paul's band - Farside Theory - was getting ready to play their first show. To be completely honest, I'm not a huge fan of Farside's music - but I AM a fan of Paul's drumming, and he did not disappoint.

If I person could die of pride, I would be laid out in a morgue right now because of my kid brother. He beat the living tar out of his drums, spinning his sticks at all the right moments, and completely making up for the muddled mess that is the rest of his band. He caught my eye a couple of times and smiled, and I could have died happy right there.

So now that I've finished bragging, let me briefly articulate just what Paul means to me. I think Paul is honestly one of the most gifted people I've ever met. He's good at most everything he does, and he works with incredible devotion at the things he cares about. He cracks me up at every turn, always ready with a fresh joke. He's brave - willing to step out of the box and be himself. He's original. And lately, he has demonstrated such incredible depth of character...He takes care of his friends when they're broken hearted, and is always a constant presence of SUPPORT in our house. I think Paul is someone that others naturally look to, and he has such potential to lead and influence many, many people. I am confident that he was crafted by God for a specific and unique purpose, and it is my deepest hope that he will choose to grab hold of that and become the man that he has the potential to be.

I love Paul more than I know how to say, and this does not even come close to doing a shadow of his person justice. He is a great light of joy in my life, and I am extremely proud of, and thankful to be his big sister.


Paul being the cutest uncle ever.


Working hard, setting up for his show.


Right before the show began...sitting at the helm of awesomness.


Sweaty and self-satisfied, after he finished playing.

2 comments:

Allie said...

Aww, you love your bro bro so much.

Weisman said...

PAAAAUUULLLYYYWOOOOGGGGG!!!

I SO wish I'd been at that show...!!