Saturday, March 14, 2009

Slumdog Amazing

I went to a little neighborhood theatre with Brandon and some friends last night. The theatre held two screening rooms, one for Slumdog Millionaire, the other for....well now, I don't remember. But the theatre was on the shore of Lake Oswego, a block down the road from Manzana - a gorgeous bar where we went for happy hour after the film.

I've been wanting to see Slumdog for a long time now - my mom loved it, it won best picture at the Academy Awards, Krysta loved it, and the lead actress is so beautiful it hurts my heart.

It was worth the wait. If you haven't seen it yet, please do. I can't stop thinking about it...it's one of those films that just gets under your skin with poingnant pain and beauty....Give yourself a treat, and GO!!!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

couldn't agree more...so powerful. Totally plays on your range of emotions and makes you want to run to India immediately and stay as far the heck away as possible

Good recommendation!

Weisman said...

Time for a new blog, chickimasita.