Tuesday, February 3, 2009

I am one of feminism's greatest arguments against the 50's housewife.

I tell Brandon on a regular basis how excited he should be about marrying me. And I'm not even close to kidding. I have a few favorite reasons that I cycle through, most of them centering on how he should appreciate that I am self-aware and an AWESOME verbal processor. (What guy doesn't love that, right?) However, on occasion, I discover new and fantastic oddities that I think he should appreciate and adore. Like - how I sleep with pillows stacked on top of me so I don't get cold, or how I cut my grilled cheese sandwich to maximize the subtle difference between the taste of each slice of bread.

Today's reason for why Brandon should be thrilled beyond belief about the fact that he is marrying me is...(drum roll please....)....My culinary skills!!

A man should hope for a loving wife who will provide a hearty, nutritious, and tasty supper when he arrives home. Fragrant and fresh off the stove, she will serve a meal prepared from scratch that will warm his heart, as well as his belly. There should be no end to her creative abilities in the kitchen....


I ate my mom's leftovers for lunch yesterday. Dinner last night? Whatever I chose to order off the menu. Lunch today: Leftovers. And for dinner tonight, I ate my own compliation of string cheese (with HSM 3 facts on the wrapper), a bowl of cold cereal, and a glass of wine.

Excited, sweetie?


Guess I'll just be a food critic..."Those muffins taste bad."

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for the office quote!

Allie said...

Can Brandon cook?

Sause said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sause said...

Let's hope I can cook. I am making a list of stuff that I can and cannot make. I'm gonna say my last concoction involving squid is on the "cannot" side.

Heidi said...

Brandon - we're going to starve.

Anonymous said...

Oh the joys of marriage! :) Love it!