I am terribly sorry that my recent posts have been fairly shallow. I am also terribly sorry that our pop culture has given me such grief lately.
The latest and greatest tragedies in this week's pop news give me cause to shake my head and just wonder...what will it take to get this world back on track? And what wouldn't I give to be certified to SHRINK all their brains into something resembling a God-created organ?
THE BOYS:
My Favorite Man-Hunk-Hero Falls Off His Pedestal: (Read the article, but don't click on the link...it has more f-bombs than the Big Lebowski!)
How sad to have a news-distributing, cape-wearing, cowboy dragon slayer brought to the "total d*ck" status before he had the chance to save us all from the evil machines. I'm really bummed about this one...For the first time, I'm not mad at Rachel Dawes for choosing Harvey Dent--And that's saying something!
A Brilliant Actor's Self-Willed Decline into Humiliation:
After defeating the Gladiator, saving his nephew from Signs, and Walking the Line, Joaquin Pheonix is giving up acting....to be a RAPPER.
I find myself at a loss for words. It's like sugar-free chocolate. Why ruin such a good thing?
THE GIRLS:
The Self-Envisioned Princess Shows Just How Classy She Is:
Wow. And I didn't like her BEFORE this story. 1. How annoying. 2. Somebody send her to a third world country and give her some perspective. 3. She's not famous enough to pull a stunt like this... 4. I would have sat her in front of the bathroom between an overweight smoker and a fussy baby...(Not that there's anything wrong with either, but they're not ideal travel companions.)
A Classic Dies with Poor Taste and Terrible Casting:
I CANNOT BELIEVE that producers are attempting to remake one of the most amazing pieces of cinema history. I CANNOT BELIEVE that they picked a such an abysmal actress for such an epic role. And I CANNOT BELIEVE that the little brat had the balls to throw dice at a true movie star/goddess. Why not cast Rachel?! She would have been perfect!
In good news...The Producers of Twilight are in the process of casting Dakota Fanning as Jane in the next edition of the film series. Now THERE is a girl with talent, class, good taste, and a solid head on her shoulders. I heard her on the radio this morning and she was full of LIGHT and beauty.
At the end of the day, she brings hope that Hollywood has some lustre left from the shiny days of the Golden Era. ( Personally, I think that Twilight is a little beneath her...but maybe some of her class will rub off on the rest of the production.)
She's amazing, and working hard while staying grounded and respected. Check out her new films, released today at theatres nation-wide!
Coraline
Push
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I cannot believe they cast Hilary Duff?! She's practically a baby and nothing compared to Faye...WOW! And in general I love how "up" on pop culture you are! :) LOVE you and welcome back to blogging world! You have been missed!
I know, I'm so glad you're blogging again!
Post a Comment