Monday, February 2, 2009

Britney's Brilliance

Two weekends ago, I discovered that throughout all her crazy, Britney Spears has some catchy things to say. And I'm not talking about her analysis of the male gender, although she might be able to win a pulitzer for the literary quality of her song lyrics on that subject matter.

I'm talking about her one liners that, on occasion, aptly summarize a life-scene that I find myself living out.
Trying to focus at work? "I wanna get in the zone."
Up too late watching So You Think You Can Dance videos on Youtube? "Crazy, I just can't sleep. I'm so excited, I'm in too deep."
Ridiculously sore from a pathetically short run? "I'm stronger than yesterday."

And the list goes on. I only give such tribute to the princess of pop because of a situation I found myself in two weekends ago where life utterly stopped because of the sheer brilliance of Britney's work - and I had to simply laugh my face off, shake my head, and keep moving.

I was driving home after a weekend trip to Canada with some of the best friends I've ever had. Hungry, I stopped to get food from a McDonalds. I had received my order, and was walking back to the car clutching my Mighty Kids Meal and looking for my free toy, when I noticed that one of my road-trip buddies had left a copy of Cosmo in the back seat of my car. I stopped. Looked at the arches-topped box in my hand. Stared at the over-sexed magazine.
And listened to Britney sing sweetly into the corners of my mind:

"I'm not a girl.....not yet a woman."

3 comments:

Moorea Seal said...

girl, amazing.

Anonymous said...

Welcome back....what a BANG way to get back into the game :). Haha, you crack me up!

Heidi said...

Well...I figured I might as well start with Britney.
She's a put-on-a-show kind of girl...doesn't make the backseat...Has to be first.