After dinner tonight, I paused to sit outside in the lingering sun and call my best friend on the phone. While on the phone with her, I noticed that the cracks along the edges of the bricks where I was sitting were full of busy little ants. One particularly ambitious lil guy was trying to haul a little strip of discarded beef jerky back to his home. He was struggling with it, and so I inauspiciously attempted to help him out...providing a bit of oomph on the back side of the jerky so he could more effectively drag the meat across the rough bricks. We were working together nicely until he noticed that I was helping - upon this realization, his pride was unforgivably wounded and he hotly stormed off, leaving my index finger by itself with the jerky. I stubbornly continued to slide the jerky after him, hoping that my good intentions would not be so rudely slighted...with equal tenacity, he pretended that he had never seen the jerky before.
I left the meat at the doorstep of what I presumed to be his front door - maybe one of his friends will take it inside and he can dine on the meat later tonight, keeping his mortification a secret, but enjoying the spoils of our efforts anyway.
I'm booking this misunderstanding as an example of an intercultural communication attempt gone horribly wrong.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
you are cute.
this makes me smile. lots.
and i love you.
I feel like in this blog, you can tell we're related.
:)
Post a Comment