Three of these beloved trees guard the entrance to my apartment complex and dust my car, the bushes, and the sidewalk with lovely pink snow. I feel like such a princess whenever I walk to my front door, or walk out to class. How often in your life does one get to walk on flower petals? Apparently, if your name is Heidi, the answer is: all the time!
Secondly - I went to the hardware store to buy caulk today. Super romantic, I know, but the maze that we're building for our rats to run is all assembled and needs to be caulked, so I made the run to the store. I parked my car (still covered in flower petals) and walked inside to be warmly greeted by the two men behind the counter. "Why helLO! How can we help you today?!" I was already walking to the wall covered with tubes of caulk, and said: "I'm just looking for caulk." They were out from behind the counter lickety split-- "Oh! What kind of a project are you using it for? Can I help you find the right kind?"
How often do you get waited on with such enthusiasm? Apparently, if you have two x chromosomes in a hardware store, the answer is: pretty often.
1 comment:
You are SO a princess. I bet those rats would make you a dress out of curtains if you asked them to.
Post a Comment