My sweet friend Britta posted a note on her facebook profile today reflecting on TODAY...her words resonated so strongly with me, and so I am re-posting them here. Cheers to you Britta - thank you for putting words to my heart.
"Today is the last day I will attend regular SPU classes.
After today, I will take finals and take classes in [graduate schooly] but never again be a normal undergraduate student of Seattle Pacific University.
After this, I will be a student of something else.
Today, I am sad but not defeated. If I am honest, I am symbolically leaving behind a place which has shaped my mind in peculiar ways. But I see more and more every day that this is not the end of this molding.
While I will take away from here the facts, statistics, theories, and debates, I think I will remember more clearly the people I shared these with and the truth spoken by those closest to me. I think this is the way my mind prioritizes what I will need to know to make it through the rest of life.
Gautama Buddha told his disciples:
With our thoughts we make the world."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I also loved Britta's note. I actually read it five minutes before my first last class of college, and I was like, "oh yeah, it's my last day." So strange.
Post a Comment