Thursday, May 22, 2008

Weekend Adventures

This last weekend, I had some fun adventures with my best friend in the world - Krysta.

Our weekend began when I picked Krysta up from Auburn at 2:00 on Saturday...we were headed to a 4:30 wedding in Portland. Translation: We were cutting time REALLY close (it takes 2.5 hours to get to Vancouver). Just FYI, Krysta and I were psuedo-roommates for a year, actual roommates for a year, and have been BFFs for four years. (That's right - I just said BFF. Sue me.) Krysta got married to a fabulous man named Josh last summer, but since that point in time we have been a minimum of 45 minutes away from eachother and have not had very much time to spend together this year. The drive down to Vancouver was so refreshing...it was just REALLY good to connect with her again.

Anyway - I almost killed us several times playing high-speed frogger on the freeway, trying to cut our travel time down. It was a frantic, crazy, mildly-frightening trip and let me tell you - we made decent time! After a harrowing 2+ hours, we pulled into the driveway at my parent's house...4:15.

Brandon, the love of my life who I hadn't seen in 5 weeks, was sitting in his car in front of my house, but NEVERMINDTHAT!! I raninsidesprintedupstairsstrippedchangedandflewbackoutthedoorintheblinkofaneye. Speed demon. Brandon jumped in the car with Krysta and I, and we made it to the wedding at 4:45, parkedthecarraninside and sat down as the parents were being escorted down the aisle. WORK IT OUT WE ARE CHAMPIONS!!!!
It was a good wedding - yay Trae!! :-) We had fun at the reception, laughing at Canadians (don't worry, they were making Canadian jokes--they WANTED us to laugh!), enjoying the dozens of children running around, and exchanging witty banter with the awesome men at our table. By 9:00 they cut the cake, we ate, and headed back home to SLEEP.

The next morning Mom, Dad, Aunt Kimber, Uncle Ken, Brandon, Krysta, and myself had a DELICIOUS breakfast, and then Krysta and I headed back north. Here is the real adventure...along the way, we stopped at Centralia to find this CRAZY house that Brandon and I discovered earlier this year.

Here's the thing about this house...it creeps me out. The yard is this elaborate, intricate, and INTENSE labrynth of crap that has been converted into art. But seriously, this place FEELS like the kind of house you'd see in a horror movie. The main characters wander into this yard in fascination and curiousity, wander deeper and deeper into the depths of the maze, lured by one curious spectacle after another...only to find themselves hopelessly lost and then WHAMBAM attacked and KILLED!!!! Or kidnapped and tortured or SOMETHING.
Krysta and I felt the eeriness and stayed within eye-shot of one another. Praise the Lord, regardless of creepy goosebumps and the unshakable feeling of impending doom, we ventured to the back of the maze and made it back out alive. And we took lots of pictures. ENJOY!

THE YARD:

Try and tell me this one isn't creepy:

You're being watched...

We had a good time

But seriously, WTF?

No comments: