Thursday, May 29, 2008

Some closing thoughts

I was laying in bed last night, trying to sleep but a little cracked out on the coffee treat that Bernard had just bought me. Mind buzzing, all I could think about was how sweetly this season is wrapping up.

I have had a BRUTAL quarter....that has in effect, made me more ready to leave my favorite place on earth than anything else possibly could have.
The quarter is winding down and academically, the next week is managable...allowing me to slow down to a stop, rather than screech to a violent halt.
Thanks to Sara, I had a chance to thank President Eaton and his lovely wife Sharon for their dedication to the university that has shaped me and changed me in innumerable ways. I did not realize until I said "thank you" that this season would not have effectively closed without such a conversation.

Space is being made available to spend time with and have "closure" type conversations with important people--such as my boys.


There are so many things that I am not in control of...so many things that are happening...like final little pieces of a puzzle four years in the making, clicking neatly into place and completing the picture....All these little events are taking place, and I do not realize until after they are done that I needed them to happen in order for me to feel closure and walk away.

And last night I felt very aware of how intimately He loves me. Floored yet again that a God so grand and glorious would care so intimately and individually for me... He's not answering specific prayers, but providing completely in ways that I am unaware that I need and have never thought to ask for. What kind of a God cares enough about me to intentionally invest in details to provide me with a sweet closing to a sweet season?

Truly, I am FLOORED. I feel like I'm sitting in His palm. Seriously and with all that I am, that is not just a metaphor - I honestly feel like I am sitting in the palm of God as my time at SPU closes.

No comments: