"We are silent at the beginning of the day because God should have the first word, and we are silent before going to sleep because the last word also belongs to God."
- Dietrich Bonhoeffer (Life Together)
The clutter of life is put on pause amidst the laughter of friends and the silence of a beautiful morning. Maybe it is more accurate to say that it is in such times that life happens, and the rest of "reality" is only a distraction. I cannot help but feel that THIS is what life is meant to be. I was--we were all--made to BE. Not to accomplish, not to complete. But to BE with others. To BE alive. To simple be still and know that He is God.- Dietrich Bonhoeffer (Life Together)
I was lucky enough to have the beginning of this week start on pause. I believe He had the first word of my week this morning, and thus -
Let us BE.
No comments:
Post a Comment