I fully intended to sit down and write a blog about being overwhelmed. I planned on listing all the reasons why you should feel sorry for me...
But then I started listing those reasons and had to delete them all.
Because I'm sitting in a warm apartment. I have a fuzzy blanket on my shoulders. I'm about to see Lisa and go for an athletic adventure. I get to see my residents tonight. And I ate Teddy Grahams today.
Let me not forget to mention this God named Jesus who as much as He adores me - often sits and listens to me while looking at His scars. He says: "Hey Heids, I died for you. You're complaining about this right now? Really?"
And then I sigh. And I look at His scars too...and I say: "You're right. I'm sorry. Forgive my ungratefulness and help me live with joy."
"It's all good, little one. We've been through worse before, and I'm not going anywhere. Just don't you forget about me!" (He sings this like The Breakfast Club.)
"Oh Jesus - I couldn't ever forget about you!"
"I know, right?"
He smiles.
I smile.
We're friends.
:-)
Tuesday, April 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You're amazing. You inspire me. I miss you.
Post a Comment