Sometimes I feel like I’m crazy…because I get these random thoughts and metaphors that when written down, really do not make sense. Example: today, I started thinking about how there are so many different elements in my life right now…and I started assigning them colors. Soon enough, I had my own little rainbow of life!!
Red: My friends with broken hearts, confusion, tragic losses, or other situations causing them pain. The families with little ones fighting cancer…The first color on my rainbow, occupying the largest portion of my heart with weight…
Orange – Trying, but not completely overwhelming: the mountains of school work that are transforming this 13 credit, “easy” quarter into a pool of snot.
Yellow – so much hope because life keeps moving. But blinding bright…because I don’t know where it’s taking me. And I’m about to leave my home forever, and there is so much sparkling joy and hope in that, but also a blinding fear and sorrow.
Green – Spring keeps on trying to bust through the dregs of winter gray – keep coming sweetheart, we’re all waiting for you!!!
Blue – Beautiful life…And a great God who has been coloring everything spectacular. In the free moments, in the loud ones, the quiet ones…He keeps saying: “I am God, and you are not. Embrace the uncertain, live in humility, and open your ears: listen.” He’s closer than I know how to put into words…Oh Lord, hasten the day that I might truly know you!
Indigo – Brandon. Because he’s fantastic and life-giving and makes me giddy like a middle-schooler. Because he’s real, and true, and the most exciting piece of my future.
Violet – The twists and turns of what I know, what my schedule looks like, who I’m spending time with, and the lives of those around me…the constant curveball that keeps me on my toes, and on my knees, and on my face.
And that’s life. It doesn’t make sense. And I don’t get it. But I’m here…
Hope you’re doing well.
P.S. The best "blue" song (blue according to my rainbow):
Captivated by Shawn McDonald
When I look into the mountains I see Your fame
When I look into the night sky it sparkles Your name
The wind and the clouds and the blue in the sky
The sun and the moon and the stars so high
That's what draws me to You
Chorus:
I am
I'm captivated by You
(In all that You do)
I am
I'm captivated
When I wake unto the morning it gives me your sight
When I look across the ocean it echoes Your might
The sand on the shore and the waves in the sea
The air in my lungs and the way You made me
That's what draws me to You
Chorus x2
The wind and the clouds and the blue in the sky
The sun and the moon and the stars so high
The sand on the shore and the waves in the sea
The air in my lungs and the way You made me
The blood in my veins and my heart You invade
The plants how they grow and the trees and their shade
The way that I feel and the Love in my soul
I thank you, my God for letting me know
Chorus x2
I am...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment