Today, the lady Seattle woke up feeling well, stepped out of the right side of the bed, and dazzled all of us with her beauty. I love Seattle in the spring when she's feeling well. :-) Blue sky, bright flowers...there's nothing like it - She actually FEELS happy!
I drove to Safeway today (would have walked but I was in a hurry) and there were people everywhere! Starbucks addicts had moved tables outside and were enjoying their caffeine fix in the sunshine, dogs were walking their owners, and there was an epidemic of sunglasses! Glorious!! (Hmm...I should have visited Victor today - I bet he would have liked the company.) I drove back to campus to find the better half of the on-campus population outside burning the winter-albino away with the first beautiful (and warm) UV rays of the year. Allie and I joined them...we sprawled on a blanket behind one of the residence halls, did homework, read poetry, and I took a little nap. *Sigh*
It's not forcasted to last...but that doesn't matter. The beautiful lady woke up happy, and her beauty made us all buzz with delight. Days like today give us all hope...
I don't know exactly what kind of hope...hope for beauty? Hope for joy? Friendship? Laughter? Love? Peace? New beginnings? I don't know, but I DO know that when we were reading poetry today, I couldn't help but think of the Hope of Christ and His resurrection. I bet Jerusalem looked then like Seattle did today.
Okay let's be honest...it was probably better than today, but still. There's Hope.
No comments:
Post a Comment