Monday, April 21, 2008

It's Been Awhile

Wow - it's been a full week since I last blogged. Explanation/excuse: I am ridiculously busy with school work this quarter. At the same time, I am determined to enjoy life, so when I'm not working on a paper, I seek to be with people, thus my absence from blogging. Luckily, I was up this morning at 5:00 and have finished my morning homework list, so here I am. :-)

Random thoughts as of this morning:
Brandon and I set a date for our marriage next summer!!! :-) Not only that, but we picked a location! I am THRILLED because now there is nothing to worry about wedding wise until this fall when I can start being a girl and planning details. :-) Until then, my mind will run wild with ideas...I'm stoked. :-)

I LOVE that The Office is back!

So You Think You Can Dance is returning to my life on May 22nd! (My worst obsession to date...)

I really did NOT want to take my monkey slippers off this morning. :-( My feet were so warm and snuggly in them!! However, my feet are now shivering because I insist on wearing flip flops in protest of the cold April weather we're having. Seriously - when I drove home this weekend, I was in a regular blizzard!! I-5 was WHITE and I thought I was going to die. It's time for sun, yes?

I celebrated my Grandpa's 78th birthday last night with my aunt, uncle, cousins, and sister. I don't like that Gramps is getting old...I want him to stick around forever, and it was weird last night to hear him cough (he's not feeling well right now) and be aware of his age...:-(

I keep finding myself moved by God. Moved in deep appreciation for His presence in people and events (LTAS, Krysta, my family, Brandon). Moved in deep sorrow for heart wrenching events and the emotional maelstrom so many of my friends are sitting in. Moved by convicting humility as He exposes the true nature of my heart and I see that there is much mold and darkness...I am in need of a spiritual spring cleaning and transformation. Moved by the great joy of life, nature, friends, coffee, and top pot doughnuts. Oh Lord - in the midst of all this life, let us all see you and not forget that the beginning and end is Yours.

Hoping for transcendance and transformation...hoping to be rooted in TRUTH and what actually matters...

I might have sorted through this and edited it to be less scrambled, but the gal sitting next to me in the library right now is wearing PUNGENT perfume and I'm starting to get a headache, so I'm out.

Life and joy to you today!

1 comment:

Allie said...

Thanks for the update, miss. Love love love the locale!!!