Monday, April 14, 2008

When Life is Too Good to be True

Oh my goodness. So - I am not an overly obsessed High School Musical Fan. In actuality, I've never seen the second movie. However, I have this tendency to LOVE ridiculously cheesy things, I'm blaming it on genetic wiring because it's just unaviodable. Example: I LOVE reality TV. Especially competitions.

Anyway! My dear friends Kate, Kayla, and Ali exposed me to HSM2 last night (that's High School Musical 2 for all you who couldn't keep up). I haven't seen the whole thing, but I have seen enough to know that it is like chocolate syrup fed straight to my veins. Translation: so sick, so wrong, so NOT okay, but the best thing of my life.

I cannot stop laughing - and really have no words for the video you are about to experience, save to say that it is simultaneously the most ridiculous, horrifying, fierce, and terrific thing I have ever witnessed. Michael Jackson, the Backstreet Boys, and Disney just vomited on the film reel and it came out looking like one crazy attractive man making a fool of himself and killing me with laughter and delight all at the same time. Kate says Zach Efron improvised all his dance moves in this scene. No - really? Couldn't tell.



That part where he's running across the grass TOTALLY reminds me of the silhouette shot of Kevin Bacon during the warehouse dance scene in Footloose. Only not as good. Kevin was actually dancing, not flying like an airplane.

It only gets better - the director of this movie is supposedly remaking Footloose and casting Zach Efron as Ren McCormick. I don't know whether I should be crying and mourning the undoubted ruin of one of the most beloved 80s dance classics of all time, shaking with fear at how badly Zach will butcher the edgy, good-hearted rabble rousing role that caused Kevin Bacon to dance into my heart, or jumping all over the place, overjoyed with the idea of Zach Efron dancing real choreography. Because let's be honest, the real question in all of this is: How the hell does Efron manage to make this look good?

3 comments:

~Jenn said...

Haha...I am also a fan of the ridiculous-ness of HSM2 and I had the same reaction at this dramatic scene in which I felt I had to run around and stomp while singing "Bet on It" to empower myself...
PS loving the new blog :)
<3 Jenn

Laurie B. Lowndes said...

Heldi woman! I'm with you... very Kevin Bacon, yet half as good. Love you crazy girl!

Anonymous said...

What a completely ridiculous video...